84.tools is a collection of helpers for your projects
List of helpers
hexToRgb- Convert hexadecimal color string to rgba string
rgbToHex- Convert RGB(A) color string to HEX string
toObject- Convert RGB(A) or HEX color string to RGBA object
destroyVideo- Properly destroy HTMLVideoElement taking care of removing it from memory
getIndex- Get index of specific element relative to its parent
getURLParameters- Retrieve all URL GET parameters
calculatAspectRatioFit- This method calculate the ratio depending of an specified maxWidth & maxHeight
clamp- Clamp a value between two bounds
closestInArray- Return the closest value|index of an array from a specified value
degrees- Convert radians to degrees
getPointOnCircle- Method to get a point from a circle and an angle
getPointsAngle- Return the angle between 2 points
getPointsDist- Return the distance between two points
getRandomFloat- Generate a random float between a min and max values
getRandomInt- Generate a random int between a min and max values
getSlope- Get the slope value from two points
prependZeros- This method prepend an amout of 0 to a string|number
radians- This method prepend an amout of 0 to a string|number - Convert degrees to radians
range- Return a new value linearly interpolate between a new min and max
rectHitTest- Check if two rectangle are overlaping
How to use
You can add this project as a dependency in your project.
You can require it or just the methods you need via Browserify.
How to contribute
If you want to add methods to this collection :
- Each file can contain only one function to export.
- The function and the file must have the same name.
- Add your new function to the global category file. For example, if you add a maths helpers, add your file into the
mathsdirectory and add require this file into
- In case the category doesn't exists, create the directory of the category and the category file at root. And be sure to require this category file into
- Write a bunch of test for your function/method into the
- Commit & Push !