VIP Design System
Design system components used throughout VIP.
To get setup run the following command in the
Watching for changes
You can build it continuously so that every time you make a change, build files are automatically updated:
npm run watch
We can test two ways:
For components that include storybooks, we can run
npm run storybook to view the components in a sandbox-ed storybook environment.
npm linkin your checkout of this repo.
- Spin up a local copy of the VIP Dashboard and navigate to a page using the linked components from
Note: it's super useful to run
npm run watch in another process, so any changes will be almost immediately available / testable.
Publish NPM Package Instructions
Once all the changes needed are merged to master, and you are ready to release a new version, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have NPM access to our @automattic organization. Ask for #vip-platform-pâtisserie help in case you need it.
- Pull all the changes to your local master. Make sure you have the latest master locally.
- We follow the https://semver.org/ versioning. You should run the specific version you are trying to publish:
npm version major|minor|patch
- You should see a version bump in the
- Build the application:
npm run build
- Publish the application
Note: You need to have two-factor enabled in your npm account. The publish command will request a two-factor code to complete the publishing process.
- Push the tags to the repository and master updates.
git push --tags git push origin master
- For major versions or breaking changes, it's recommended to create a RELEASE with the published tag.