- 📜 Rollup.js configuration providing compatibility with different module systems (CommonJS, ECMAScript, UMD for
- 🃏 Jest setup with watch mode working
- 🛀 Renovate configuration for auto updates (you have to activate it via https://github.com/apps/renovate)
- ✅ Travis CI
- 🏗 .nvmrc file to enforce the Node.js version for contributors and continuous integration
- ⚡️ Ready to publish and use
How to use
Decide of a new library name, let's say
new-super-library (🤦🏼♀️), then in a terminal:
curl --output rollup-jest-boilerplate.zip -LOk https://github.com/algolia/rollup-jest-boilerplate/archive/master.zip unzip rollup-jest-boilerplate.zip rm rollup-jest-boilerplate.zip mv rollup-jest-boilerplate-master new-super-library
- search the project for
rollup-starter-liband replace everywhere with
- start coding in src/index.js
- profit 💸
Developer environment requirements
To run this project, you will need:
- Node.js >= v10.5.0, use nvm - install instructions
npm npm test npm test --watch
When developing you can run:
npm run watch
This will regenerate the build files each time a source file is changed and serve on http://127.0.0.1:5000.
Previewing umd build in the browser
If your package works in the browser, you can open
dev/index.html to try it out.
Based on your need, you might want to add:
- ESLint and Prettier
- TypeScript support
- Monorepo support with Lerna
- CHANGELOG.md generation with conventional-changelog
If so, please do and open pull requests when you feel like it.
I initially used rollup/rollup-starter-lib but really needed that Jest support so I did it.