Management tool for new and existing projects
npm install -g yo @redandblue/generator-redandblue
In the future, update the generator with
npm update -g @redandblue/generator-redandblue
Then generate your new WordPress project with:
If you go with defaults, it will setup you a project with Seravo's WordPress base and redandblue's theme-skeletor. You can for example convert that project into your new Customer project.
Note, you can also setup customer project with one-liner if you prefer:
yo @redandblue/redandblue:wordpress --base="Seravo/wordpress" --project="redandbluefi/theme-skeletor"
And instead of 'theme-skeletor' you can have your customer project, e.g. 'redandblue-theme'.
npm link to create a global link to the project folder, then you can use this generator as you would normally through npm.
sudo npm link (in this folder). Then create a new test folder, enter is and run
How to publish a new version?
- Write some new awesome code and commit it, as normal
- Update the version in package.json with
npm version patch
- Push to your fork and create pull request
- Once pull request is merged to main repository, CircleCI will take of the rest
Getting To Know Yeoman
- Yeoman has a heart of gold.
- Yeoman is a person with feelings and opinions, but is very easy to work with.
- Yeoman can be too opinionated at times but is easily convinced not to be.
- Feel free to learn more about Yeoman.