npm install coinstac-example-computation-bisect-converge
this is an example coinstac decentralized computation. this package also bundles the coinstac-simulator, allowing users to run, fiddle, & play with the system for learning purposes.
this example does not perform a meaningful analysis. instead, it emulates the coinstac system behavior and network utilities whilst running a simple algorithm.
this particular algorithm performs the following:
- a series of users guess a random integers between 0 and 100
- after the first user makes his/her guess, the coinstac central computation server selects a random number from the same range
- on every response from the server, each client selects a value exactly halfway between his/her last guess and the value the central server selected
- once a user's value is within 10% of the server's selected value, the server considers that user to be "converged."
- interestingly, each user will continue to get closer and closer to the server's value (asymptotically) while his/her peers still progress to conversion.
it's a good starting point for new coinstac developers to see how coinstac operates.
you, your computer, and your pal, the internet.
see #install and #run
- navigate into the project directory
- install dependencies,