EXIF Orientation-flag example images
Example images using each of the EXIF orientation flags (1-to-8), in both landscape and portrait orientations.
[FORKED by SR] - publishing to npm so can consume for dev-testing.
See here for more information.
Generating your own images
If you would like to generate test images based on your own photos, you can use the
generate.rb script included in the
The instructions below assume you are running on macOS - if not, you will need to install the Ghostscript fonts (
brew install gs) some other way.
To install the dependencies:
> brew install gs > cd generator > gem install bundler > bundle install
To generate test images:
> cd generator > ./generate path/to/image.jpg
This will create images
image_1.jpg through to
Re-generating sample images
make to regenerate the included sample images. This will download random portrait and landscape orientation images from unsplash.com and generate sample images for each of them.
Generating these images depends on having the generator dependencies installed - see the Generating your own images section for instructions on installing dependencies.
- Version 2.0.0 (2017-08-05) : Add a script to generate example images from the command line.
- Version 1.0.2 (2017-03-06) : Remove Apple Copyrighted ICC profile from orientations 2-8 (thanks @mans0954!).
- Version 1.0.1 (2013-03-10) : Add MIT license and some contact details.
- Version 1.0.0 (2012-07-28) : 1.0 release.
Once you've made your commits:
- Fork exif-orientation-examples
- Create a topic branch -
git checkout -b my_branch
- Push to your branch -
git push origin my_branch
- Create a Pull Request from your branch
- That's it!
Dave Perrett :: email@example.com :: @daveperrett
These images are licensed under the MIT License.
Copyright (c) 2010 Dave Perrett. See License for details.