HiveThrift is a node API for fast querying of Hive using Thrift middleware.
- NodeJS >= 4.3.0
- git (installation from sources)
Install from sources
To install HiveThrift you need to checkout the sources:
git clone git://github.com/SistemaStrategy/HiveThrift.git
Install using npm
To install HiveThrift using npm, use the following command :
npm install hive-thrift
If you're using a Vagrant box, use the --no-bin-links argument
npm install hive-thrift --no-bin-links
- Update the config.json file with your settings
- Execute the following commands:
npm install npm test
Once your database settings are corrects, use the examples folder to create a program and run it like the following
node your_program.js | ./node_modules/bunyan/bin/bunyan
Bunyan is a simple and fast JSON logging library for node.js service. A bunyan CLI tool is provided (./node_modules/bunyan/bin/bunyan) for pretty-printing bunyan logs and for filtering. To learn more about Bunyan click here.
- Create a config.json file in the root directory of your project like the config.json present here
- Write your node program like here and don't forget to use the library by using the following import
var client = require('hive-thrift');
Some API uses are shown in the examples folder. Don't forget to change the require part if you're using npm install ...
The Hive configuration is stored in a config.json file present in the root directory of the project. The host must be pointing to the HiveServer2 instance.