NiM Badges, NiM Home ->
(Node.js V8 --inspector Manager Server-side)
What is NiMS?
NiMS is also a way to install NiM from the command line.
The goal of NiMS are the following:
- CLI method of installing NiM.
- Add push/trigger based inspector sessions (vs client side polling).
... What is NiM?
NiM streamlines your Node.js development cycle when using Node V8 Inspector "--inspect" and Chrome DevTools. NiM GitHub page ->
Setup / Usage / How To
npm install nims
- Complete install of NiM via Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gnhhdgbaldcilmgcpfddgdbkhjohddkj
- Done! Run your node app with the --inspect flag and NiM will manage the Chrome DevTools Window/Tab.
Need Additional Information about NiM?
- NiM post install page provides some help http://june07.com/blog/nim-install
- Debugging NiM itself http://june07.com/blog/debugging-nim
Note: At the time of writing, the v8 --inspect option is fairly new. See https://nodejs.org/api/debugger.html#debugger_v8_inspector_integration_for_node_js for additional details on the option.
Any and all feedback is encouraged and welcome. Send us an email!