Quickmeteor is a tool for better handling of Meteor projects placed in a RAM drive. Read about it:
- Speeding up Meteor compliations. Gear 1. The Linux [speed]way.
- Speeding up Meteor compliations. Extension 1. Dealing with big mongo DBs.
Quickmeteor provides the command
quickmeteor, which can be used to reset Meteor projects configured in the following way:
- A project resides in a RAM drive
- Its mongo database resides outside of the RAM drive and is symlinked by
# To reset the project use this command instead of 'meteor reset' $ quickmeteor reset
Quickmeteor can be installed via npm.
$ npm install -g quickmeteor
If your system requires root access to install global npm packages, make sure you use the
$ sudo -H npm install -g quickmeteor
- This software uses a Linux-specific command:
readlink, so that it shouldn't work properly under a different OS.
meteor reset, but if the Meteor project has a symlink at
.meteor/local/db, it deletes all the db files
in the target directory and restores the symlink after