Various useful utility functions that are used across all projects in the @polkadot namespace. It provides utility functions with additional safety checks, allowing not only for consistent coding, but also reducing the general boilerplate.
This repository is split up into a number of internal packages, namely utilities -
Contributions are welcome!
To start off, this repo (along with others in the @polkadot family) uses yarn workspaces to organise the code. As such, after cloning, its dependencies should be installed via
yarn, not via npm; the latter will result in broken dependencies.
To get started -
- Clone the repo locally, via
git clone https://github.com/polkadot-js/common <optional local path>
- Ensure that you have a recent version of Node.js, for development purposes Node 10 is recommended.
- Ensure that you have a recent version of Yarn, for development purposes Yarn >=1.10.1 is required.
- Install the dependencies by running
- Build the everything via
yarn run build
- You can also launch the API Docs, via
yarn vuepress dev docs
- Access the docs via http://localhost:8080
Looking for tutorials to get started? Look at examples for guides on how to use the base utilities.