ERDiagram is a library that allows to define an entity-relationship diagram using the ERDiagram language, and then generate the database creation script, OOP classes, and more.
Table of contents
Live demo & CLI
You can try ERDiagram online using the ERDiagram playground application. There you will find some code examples that are very useful for learning the ERDiagram language.
There is also a work-in-progress CLI version of ERDiagram. Check it out! :slightly_smiling_face:
ERDiagram language: learn how to define entities and relationships.
ERDiagram library: installation, basic concepts, configuration and examples.
Entity-relationship model conversion:
Supported output formats
- Database creation script (SQL)
- Oracle DB
- SQL Server
- OOP classes
- Java POJO (no JPA support so far)
- PlantUML (code & SVG image)
- Nomnoml (code & SVG image)
This is a side project I'm working on during my spare time, so I'd be very happy if you want to contribute :grinning: bug report, suggestions, pull requests or any other kind of feedback are more than welcome.
If you want to create a PR, just be sure you're working on the develop branch and go ahead :slightly_smiling_face:
If you want to get in touch, you can find me on LinkedIn: @nestorpglez
This is a small list of features/tools that I'll be very happy to have:
- More database engines support.
- More OOP languages support.
- Syntax highlight for some text editors or IDEs (Sublime Text, Atom, IntelliJ IDEA, VS Code, ...).
- XSD / JSON schema generation.
- Liquibase files generation.
- Any other cool stuff :stuck_out_tongue: