TELUS Platform Quick Start
To use this package, do not install it.
npm init @telus/platform
To make use of this, you must be a member of the TELUS Github org.
What does this package do?
This package uses a lesser known
npm init feature to provide a quick start wizard for @telus/platform.
The wizard performs the following steps:
- Explain how to retrieve the credentials necessary to use @telus/platform and the private registry
- Accepts the credential and sets up local configuration for @telus/platform
- Automatically configures the
.npmrcwith the necessary configuration for install and use @telus/platform.
- If the npmrc tool is installed on the system, checks which npmrc profile you'd like to use
- Changes to
.npmrcare presented and confirmation is asked for before making changes
- Backs up old
- If @telus/platform is installed, checks for updates (minor and patch, not major)
- If not installed or update is available, installs @telus/platform, after asking permission
- Initializes a platform project, after asking permission