A WIP module aimed at providing a safer, easier to use and beginner friendly crypto API for Node.js
cryptoeasy to use.
cryptosafe to use.
- Require as little crypto-specific knowledge as possible.
- Symmetric Encryption, Decryption and AEAD
- Asymmetric Encryption and Decryption
- Asymmetric Signing and Verification of signatures
- Cryptographic hashing
- Password-based key derivation
- Password hashing and verification
- Random number generation
$ npm install easy-crypto
Importing the module itself will return
undefined since the behavior of the
entire module is broken down into a set of intent-based submodules.
const password = require('easy-crypto/password'); const hashedPassword = password.hashPasswordSync('correct horse battery staple'); fs.writeFileSync('myfile', hashedPassword); // Ideally, store it in a database.
For an exhaustive list of all submodules and their members, check out the API docs
Copyright (c) 2019 Ujjwal Sharma
This module is currently a work-in-progress. Please do not use it in production
until before the
1.0.0 release since the API may break or might as well be
outright unusable to unsafe.