Install with npm:
$ npm install extract-banner --save
Works for block and line comments.
var extract = require('extract-banner');
Heads up!: banner comments may be preceded by only whitespace and/or
"use strict"; statements. Aside from those exceptions a banner comment must be the first thing in a string.
var fs = require('fs'); var extract = require('extract-banner'); var str = fs.readFileSync('fixtures/banner.js', 'utf8'); var banner = extract(str);
/** * extract-banner <https://github.com/jonschlinkert/extract-banner> * * Copyright (c) 2016, Jon Schlinkert. * Licensed under the MIT license. */
- add-banner: Add a banner to a string. Banners are just Lo-Dash/underscore templates, if a custom one… more | homepage
- has-banner: Returns true if a file has a banner code comment. Used for linting. | homepage
- strip-banner: Strip banners from code. | homepage
- update-banner: Add or update a banner in a string. | homepage
- write-banner: Add a banner to any file. | homepage
Pull requests and stars are always welcome. For bugs and feature requests, please create an issue.
Generate readme and API documentation with verb:
$ npm install verb && npm run docs
Or, if verb is installed globally:
Install dev dependencies:
$ npm install -d && npm test
This file was generated by verb, v0.9.0, on March 20, 2016.