Brunch Symfony - Symfony2
- Remove grunt and gulp, only brunch can survive !
- Add post-css & browserSync
- Add Foundation Sites & Knacss as alternatives to Bootstrap Sass
- Overwrite basic html.twig files after Sensio zip download
I remove too much things to pretend this project can be pull-requested, so it is not forked anymore on my github account. Anyway, big thanks to initiator's guys. Now this project live on it's own. It was make for a very special and limited purpose, so I cannot say if it will be updated frequently.
What it does
generator-brunch-symfony is a Yeoman Generator to scaffold Symfony2 projects with sensible defaults, common bundles and frontend tools.
It will create a new Symfony project, remove Assetic and replace it with Brunch.
Mandatory dependencies :
What you can choose
Symfony 2 Standard Edition:
- The list of versions of symfony is available here
- Installs Symfony
- Removes Assetic for versions lower than 2.8
- Starts the automatic execution of
npmafter scaffolding has finished.
Assets are stored in the app/Resources/ folder :
Install all the stuff with Yo generator.
npm install -g yo bower grunt-cli gulp
npm install -g generator-brunch-symfony
In the working dir you want :
yo brunch-symfony --force
Now all the files and folders are alive.
In your working folder root previoulsy generated :
php bin/console server:run
Now Symfony is running on it's own server (localhost:8000)
- Run (same folder, in other terminal window) :
Now BrowserSync is alive, open browser tab on the local port BS running (:3000 by default)
I am not a Back-end engineer. I have poor knowledge of Symfony (just that the Front engineer need to know about, that's all), but I know Twig templating engine and I love it. This project is Front-end oriented, because as you surely know IRL the client has already made his choice : Symfony or burst ! Here we can work in -almost- real environment. Maybe, if communication is enabled between Back and Front guy's (Hello Slack) then we can work on same repo ? 🎏 Dreams are not so unreal…
- Frontend stuff is located in app/Resources/[js, scss, views, assets].
- Brunch auto generate builded assets to web/[js, css] and copy app/Resources/assets/ content directly in web folder root.
- BrowserSync watch any modifications in web/[js, css] & app/Resources/views, auto inject or reload page according to the case.
Feel free to fork, or clone for a new start. I really don't know if I can maintain this project for weeks and weeks. Initially it was made for a very special limited case and obviously for testing myself.