geojson-clipping instead.Deprecated: Please use
Union/dissolve Polygons & MultiPolygons in your GeoJSON files into each other.
$ npm install -g geojson-cli-union $ cat some-polys.geojson some-multipolys.geojson | geojson-cli-union > a-poly-or-multipoly.geojson
One or more GeoJSON objects containing Polygons and/or MultiPolygons are expected via
stdin. The following geojson types are all ok:
- GeometryCollection of Polygons and/or MultiPolygons
- Feature of a Polygon, a MultiPolygon, or an acceptable GeometryCollection
- FeatureCollection of acceptable Features
If a geojson object with a differnt type is encountered (ex: a Point) a warning will be printed to
stderr and the offending object will be dropped.
The geojson objects consumed on stdin may be seperated by zero or more characters of whitespace.
The union of the given Polygons and MultiPolygons will be calculated (sometimes called a dissolve operation) and the result will be written to
stdout as a geojson object of type either:
- a Polygon
- a MultiPolygon containing non-overlapping Polygons
Send any warnings (normally written to
stderr) straight to
- Deprecate in favor of geojson-clipping
- Use polygon-clipping as backend
- Set up CI: travis, coveralls
- Add missing package
- Initial release