NP Design System
NP Design System hosts the styles of New Perspectives. It is built with Vue Design System Project.
start - Serves the Vue App at (http://localhost:8080/] and docs at (http://localhost:6060/)
build:system --report - Builds the design system for NPM with report
build:docs - Builds the design system docs
build:app - Build Vue.js app (playground) for production with minification.
see original documentation below
Vue Design System
Vue Design System is an open source tool for building UI Design Systems with Vue.js. It provides you and your team a set of organized tools, patterns & practices that work as the foundation for your application development.
Made by @viljamis and other contributors. See also the official website of Vue Design System and read my article on the processes and workflow I use to get started with a new design system project.
- A set of interconnected patterns & practices for you and your team.
- A well thought-out terminology, naming conventions, and hierarchy.
- Get an automated overview of how your design system progresses over time.
- Global design tokens in YAML format that you can use inside any component.
- Automatic generation of living, user editable documentation.
- Easily export and use your Design System as an NPM dependency in another Vue.js or Nuxt.js project.
- Create a token, an element, or a pattern, and it’s immediately available across all components.
- Pre-configured Prettier setup for auto-formatting code on both save and before commit.
- Live Reloading, Autoprefixing, SCSS, and helper functions + simple and sane defaults for SVG and Webfont usage out-of-the-box.
- Documentation and the app logic are separated, so you can have public docs while the app itself stays private.
- And more…
- Getting Started: How to install and run Vue Design System.
- Terminology: Introduction to the system concepts and its hierarchy.
- Naming of Things: Naming is hard, so it’s good to have clear guidelines.
- Directory Structure: What goes where and why.
- Working with the System: Concrete examples on how to work with
- Editing Living Documentation: How to customize the living system documentation.
- Spacing: A framework for creating a predictable and harmonious spacing.
- Component Status: Clear labels that reflect the state of completion.
- Component QA: How to review new components and keep the quality high.
- Contributing: A set of guidelines for contributing to the system.
- Code of Conduct: By participating you agree to abide by its terms.
- Frequently Asked Questions: How to use icons, how to use font-face, etc.
- Official example
- Using Vue Design System as NPM dependency on Vue.js project
- Using Vue Design System as NPM Dependency on Nuxt.js project
- Using Vue Design System as NPM Dependency on a static website
- See Roadmap tag in the issues.
- See Releases page for the full changelog.
Need more help?
About to get started with a new design system? I’m an independent designer and developer, specialized in helping companies to build design systems. I also conduct design system workshops and do consulting. Let’s talk!
Authors and License
Viljami Salminen, Artem Sapegin, Rafael Escala, react-styleguidist contributors, vue-styleguidist contributors, Vue.js contributors, vue-webpack-boilerplate contributors, Theo contributors, and Polaris contributors.
Licensed under the MIT license.