This repository contains the open source code for CardScan's react-native implementation.
CardScan is a relatively small library that provides fast and accurate payment card scanning.
CardScan is the foundation for CardVerify enterprise libraries, which validate the authenticity of payment cards as they are scanned.
CardScan is open source, and available under a free-to-try license. See the license section for details.
- Android API level 21 or higher
- iOS version 10 or higher
This repository contains a demonstration app for the CardScan product. To build and run the demo app, follow the instructions in the example app documentation.
See the integration documentation in the Bouncer Docs.
Provisioning an API key
CardScan requires a valid API key to run. To provision an API key, visit the Bouncer API console.
Name and expiration extraction support (BETA)
To test name and/or expiration extraction, please first provision an API key, then reach out to email@example.com with details about your use case and estimated volumes.
Follow the configuration guide to enable name and expiry extraction support.
See the troubleshooting page in the Bouncer Docs to check if we have covered common issues.
Adam Wushensky, Sam King, and Zain ul Abi Din
This library is available under paid and free licenses. See the LICENSE file for the full license text.
In short, this library will remain free forever for non-commercial applications, but use by commercial applications is limited to 90 days, after which time a licensing agreement is required. We're also adding some legal liability protections.
After this period commercial applications need to convert to a licensing agreement to continue to use this library.
- Details of licensing (pricing, etc) are available at https://getbouncer.com/pricing, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More detailed summary
What's allowed under the license:
- Free use for any app for 90 days (for demos, evaluations, hackathons, etc).
- Contributions (contributors must agree to the Contributor License Agreement)
- Any modifications as needed to work in your app
What's not allowed under the license:
- Commercial applications using the license for longer than 90 days without a license agreement.
- Using us now in a commercial app today? No worries! Just email email@example.com and we’ll get you set up.
- Redistribution under a different license
- Removing attribution
- Modifying logos
- Indemnification: using this free software is ‘at your own risk’, so you can’t sue Bouncer Technologies, Inc. for problems caused by this library