Word Count React Component Library
- MaterialUI for UI/UX baseline design components.
- Styleguidist for Playground Documentation.
- Yarn for dependencies, publishing, and deploying.
- Github + NPM + Github Pages for Hosting.
- Cypress for testing
Functionality and Limitations
README for details.
How to install
Once you have this codebase forked and cloned to your local machine, you can start modifying the codebase. You will need to ensure
yarn are already installed.
Installation and Running the Styleguide Locally
- Install the npm dependencies with
- Run the Styleguide with
- Ensure that the Styleguide is running by visiting
localhost:6060on your web browser. (for Chromebooks see note below)
- Modify the code and documentation in your code editor and check out the Styleguide.
- Update the styleguide.config.js to match your new component names.
- See debug
console.log()output in browser console -- in chrome, CTRL-SHIFT-J to open.
Setting up NPM Publishing
- Rename your library:
- the folder
- repo on Github
- Update the
- change the
descriptionof your app
- change the URLs of your
- change the
- Create an account on
npmjs.orgif you don't have one already.
Publishing to NPM
The scripts in the
package.json file do all of the heavy lifting.
- Commit and push all changes to your github repo.
- login to NPM using your credentials if asked.
- enter the new version number using symver.
- wait for the code to be transpiled and published to NPM.
- wait for the styleguide to be built and deployed to GHPages.
- Visit your published library on NPM.
- Visit your deployed Styleguide on GHPages.
Deploying Styleguide to GHPages
You can optionally deploy the styleguide to GHPages without publishing to NPM.
- There is a
predeployhook that builds the Styleguide.
- That's it!
Chromebook Linux Beta Notes
hostname -I to get the host address. Neither
127.0.0.1 will work.
$ hostname -I 100.115.92.202 $