For Chromecast owners: stream a local video to your Chromecast from command-line. Controls (volume, seek, pause...) are read from your terminal, and video is hosted and converted on the fly so you don't have to worry about anything!
npm install -g videocast
- Up/Down: increase/decrease volume
- Left/Right: seek -/+ 30 seconds (seems not to be working)
- Space: pause/resume
- Ctrl+C: stop and quit
This is a work in progress!
- Converting and casting to local first Chromecast found (conversion is not a gadget, tested on lots of files, without conversion many have no sound)
- Controls on a Linux terminal
- Find out why 'seek' is not working
- Check other platforms (different key codes? crappy encodings? who knows...)
- CLI options (start time, ffmpeg output)
- Remove dependency to ffmpeg (if possible)
- Why not making a fully working TTY player interface?
Want to contribute?
Don't hesitate to fork and propose pull requests! When project is cloned, best way to test is using debug:
npm install DEBUG=* ./bin/cast.js /path/to/file